Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school. The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands.
Our council decides how these funds will be used. Click to see how much money our school received this year and previous years from the School LAND Trust Program. The council reviews and prepares other academic plans for our students each year. All plans are reviewed for final approval by our school board. Councils also act in an advisory capacity to school and school district administrations.
Click here to view rules of order and procedure of School Community Council meetings.
Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. The councils are made up of school employees who are elected by employees and parents who are elected by parents of students attending the school. Membership terms are for two years. Elections are held at the beginning of each school year.
Parent members must have a student attending the school at least one of the two years of their term of service. Employees must be employed by the school district at the school.
For more information please visit schoollandtrust.org
Viewmont Community Council Members 2016-2017
|Kelly Taeoalii||PTA Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mary Jo Ballou||Parentemail@example.com|
When: 1st Wednesday of the month, from 3:00 – 4:00 pm, except in April (due to Spring Break)
This school year’s scheduled meetings:
- September 7, 2016 – Sept 2016 Agenda, Sept 2016 Minutes
- October 13, 2016 – Oct 2016 Agenda, Oct 2016 Minutes
- November 2, 2016 – Nov 16 Agenda, Nov 2016 Minutes
- December 7, 2016 – *Meeting cancelled*
- January 4, 2017 – January 2017 Minutes
- February 1, 2017 – *Meeting cancelled*
- March 8, 2017 – March 2017 Agenda
- April 19, 2017 – *Meeting cancelled*
- May 3, 2017 – May 2017 Agenda, May 2017 Minutes