Here is a link to the 2020-2021 Murray City School District Calendar. Please be aware that the Murray Board of Education reserves the right to alter or amend this calendar as may be necessitated by unforeseen events. Teacher and employee contract negotiations may also impact some dates.
Update: The Murray School District Board of Education approved some adjustments to the schedule for the 2020-21 school year, per directives given by the Utah State Board of Education in dealing with the global pandemic. These provide our teachers with additional professional development hours that MCSD will use at the end of each term. Most notably, the last day of school for this academic year has been moved up to May 28.
Note: All events/times are subject to change.
It’s Time for the Annual PTA Reflections Contest! Entries will be Due October 20th! Please submit your entries ONLINE at https://www.utahpta.org/ref
The theme is “I Matter Because…”
Whether you’re new to reflections, or if you’ve entered before if you go to murrayreflections.blogspot.com you will find all the information you need to know.
What is Reflections? Reflections is a contest for students to display their talents in the arts. Whatever your interest, there is a category for you!
- 3-Dimensional Art (Sculpture, mobiles, ceramics, jewelry, 3-d collage, Legos, anything not flat. These must be originals, not made from a kit)
- Photography (photos taken by the student)
- Literature (poetry, story, essay, illustrated books)
- Music (original compositions for voice or instrument)
- Dance (original choreography)
- Film (screenwriting, video, animation)
1. Read the rules (go to murrayreflections.blogspot.com) and watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xEZdGK3iZE
2. Be creative! You can submit one entry per category. Each person will get a prize.
3. Submit your entry on https://www.utahpta.org/ref
4. Entries will be due on Tuesday, October 20th.
Kindergarten AM: 8:35 – 10:35
Kindergarten PM: 11:15 – 1:15
Grades 1-6: 8:35 – 1:15
School Schedule November 20, 2020:
Kindergarten AM: attend from 8:35 am-10:30 am
Kindergarten PM: attend from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Grades 1-6: attend from 8:35 am – 1:00 pm