Viewmont’s Reunification Drill is only days away! Students may be picked up at 5555 South 700 West (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) beginning at 1:30 pm.
Please enter the parking lot and building on the North Side. Once there, you will be asked to complete a portion of the reunification form indicating which students are being picked up, their grade levels, as well as your name as the parent or authorized adult. You will then enter the building and go to the table with the designated section of the alphabet for the student’s last name. Staff will then verify the official photographic ID and indicate this on the form completed by the parent or authorized adult.
- Official IDs include a Driver’s License, a Passport, Military ID, etc. If you do not have one of these forms of ID with you we cannot continue the process.
- If you are not an adult listed on the authorized pick-up list, we cannot continue the reunification process.
Once the ID has been checked and the reunification form has been marked by Viewmont staff, the following will happen:
- You will be redirected to go outside of the building and walk down the length of the sidewalk to the East entrance where reunification will occur.
- You will need to keep your copy of the reunification form and ID handy as both will be needed at the reunification area.
Note: There will be staff members outside to help direct you to the appropriate areas and to answer questions.
- A staff member will be sent to the various grade level areas to collect the student(s) listed on your form.
- The staff member will take your student(s) to the reunification area where a staff member will call for the parent (or authorized adult). The ID and the parent’s copy of the form will then be reverified by a staff member.
- The parent (or authorized adult) will sign the copy of the form that the staff member brings to the reunification area. This copy will be kept for our records as proof of final reunification.
Will I have to wait? There will be some wait time, of course. We hope to keep it to 20 minutes but we cannot predict when a large number of parents or authorized adults will arrive to pick up their child(ren). We will do the best we can to make this process go smoothly and quickly but we appreciate your patience and cooperation throughout the course of this drill.
Does every child have to be picked up? YES! This is a reunification drill. No students will be released to go home after 3 pm without an authorized adult coming to pick them up.
What will students be doing while waiting? They can play games quietly, read a book, talk with friends, etc. They will be supervised by teachers while waiting to be picked up.
If you are not the adult picking up your child, please share this information with the authorized adult prior to the drill. Thank you!