Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school. The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands.
Our council decides how these funds will be used. View our 2018-2019 report here. For the 2019-2020 school year, Viewmont received $ 64,217. The council reviews and prepares other academic plans for our students each year. All plans are reviewed for final approval by our school board. Councils also act in an advisory capacity to school and school district administrations.
Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. The councils are made up of school employees who are elected by employees and parents who are elected by parents of students attending the school. Membership terms are for two years. Elections are held at the beginning of each school year.
Parent members must have a student attending the school at least one of the two years of their term of service. Employees must be employed by the school district at the school.
For more information please visit www.schoollandtrust.org .
All meeting agendas will be posted on the website one week prior to the meeting. Minutes will be posted within a week of the meeting.
Community Council Meeting starts at 3:30 pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 4, 2019 – Minutes 9-4-2019
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 – Minutes 10-22-2019
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019 – Minutes 11-13-2019
- Thursday, December 19, 2019 – CANCELLED
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 – Minutes 1-16-2020
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 – Minutes 2-13-2020
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 – Minutes 3-19-2020
- Thursday, April 16, 2020 – CANCELLED
- Tuesday, May 12, 2020 – Minutes 5-12-2020
Viewmont Community Council Members 2019-2020
- Mike Johnson – Chair (Parent)
- Teresa Koontz – Vice Chair (Parent)
- Jennifer King – Director (Principal)
- Mallory Poole – School Employee
- April Johnson – School Employee
- Vangee Watts – School Employee
- Sunshine Szedeli – Parent
- Kim Crandall – Parent
- Jamie Cheney – Parent
- Ashley Nelson – Parent
- Kathryn Martinez – Parent