Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school.
Viewmont Elementary is fortunate to be a part of the School Land Trust program and is appreciative of the monetary allocations we receive each year. Following is a summary of the actual funding for the previous four years, as well as the current year:
- 2016-17: $ 37.636
- 2017-18: $ 54,084
- 2018-19: $ 54,637
- 2019-20: $ 64,217
- 2020-21: $ 72,077
Our council decides how these funds will be used. The council reviews and prepares other academic plans for our students each year. All plans are reviewed for final approval by our school board. Councils also act in an advisory capacity to school and school district administrations.
Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. The councils are made up of school employees who are elected by employees and parents who are elected by parents of students attending the school. Membership terms are for two years. Elections are held at the beginning of each school year.
Parent members must have a student attending the school at least one of the two years of their term of service. Employees must be employed by the school district at the school.
For more information please visit www.schoollandtrust.org .
All meeting agendas will be posted on the website one week prior to the meeting. Minutes will be posted within a week of the meeting.
Community Council Meeting is held on the following dates:
- October 5, 2020 at 4:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
- October 22, 2020 at 3:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
- November 19, 2020 at 3:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
- December 17, 2020 at 3:30 pm – CANCELLED
- January 21, 2021 at 3:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
- February 18, 2021 at 3:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
- March 18, 2021 at 3:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
- April 15, 2021 at 3:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
- May 20, 2021 at 3:30 pm – Agenda – Minutes
Community Council members:
- Mike Johnson – Chair (Parent)
- Sarah Chatterton – Vice Chair (Parent and District Employee)
- Jennifer King – Director (Principal)
- Jadee Talbot – Secretary (Parent)
- Teresa Koontz – Parent
- Nichole (Niki) Archer
- Kathryn Martinez – Parent
- Todd Morlock – Parent
- Mallory Poole – School Employee
- April Johnson – School Employee
- Vangee Watts – School Employee